- New Zealand Rugby boss Steve Tew says ‘tough decisions’ have been by SANZAAR
Problems intensified in 2016, when Super Rugby expanded from 15 teams to 18 with the introduction of Japan’s Sunwolves, Argentina’s Jaguares and South Africa’s Southern Kings. It is widely expected that the number of teams will be trimmed back…
- 7 hours ago 22 Mar 17, 10:52pm -
- Can SA teams triumph over NZ Super Rugby rivals?
Three of those eight wins banked, it mustn’t be forgotten, have been against the humble Sunwolves from Japan – and even then, at least two weren’t convincing at all, by the Cheetahs and Bulls despite their home advantage in each instance.
- 8 hours ago 22 Mar 17, 10:30pm -
- Tour to sort Blue Bulls from boys
The Bulls‚ who left the country this week after beating the Sunwolves 34-21 at Loftus on Friday‚ take on the Blues at the QBE Stadium in Auckland on Saturday and the Chiefs at the FMG Stadium in Waikato the following weekend. There is also the ma…
- 9 hours ago 22 Mar 17, 9:26pm -
- Super Rugby Round 5 tips and predictions: Do your best, tipsters
“The best from Australia against the last from NZ, hhhmmm… Highlanders. Stormers should take care of the speedy Sunwolves, the Lions over the improving and tenacious Kings, and the Sharks will have to improve to take care of the Cheetahs. “And…
- 10 hours ago 22 Mar 17, 7:39pm -
- Has Rassie Erasmus hooked a Shark with bite?
So instead of leaving Cape Town this week for the Stormers’ round five fixture against the Sunwolves in Singapore on Saturday, Taute will be on the welcoming committee at Munster’s High Performance Centre at the University of Limerick this week w…
- 12 hours ago 22 Mar 17, 5:55pm -
- Stormers aim to excite against Sunwolves
CAPE TOWN - There have been some solid scrummaging performances by the Stormers so far, but Robbie Fleck’s team rather want to use their “exciting brand of rugby” to beat the Sunwolves on Saturday. The first sign of the Stormers’ improved ...
- 18 hours ago 22 Mar 17, 11:46am -
- SuperRugby round five - preview
A growing in confidence Brumbies team away is not really a great step down though. Sunwolves vs Stormers 12:55 Remember this game last time? Sunwolves nearly won it in Singapore, and with the Stormers sending a weakened side there this weekend the ho…
- 22 hours ago 22 Mar 17, 8:29am -
- Book your seat at DHL Newlands NOW
Following their match against the Sunwolves in Singapore on Saturday, the DHL Stormers will return to Cape Town for three consecutive home games at DHL Newlands in April. They face the Toyota Cheetahs on April 1, the Chiefs on April 8, and the Emirat…
- 1 day ago 22 Mar 17, 5:25am -
- Bulls face test to their Super Rugby credentials
The Bulls‚ who left the country this week after beating the Sunwolves 34-21 at Loftus on Friday might‚ take on the Blues at the QBE Stadium in Auckland on Saturday morning and the Chiefs at the FMG Stadium in Waikato the following weekend. Then .…
- 1 day ago 22 Mar 17, 4:39am -
- We have to 'hit our markers' - Strauss
Strauss put in a 33 minute effort in the second half of the Bulls' 34-21 victory over the Sunwolves at Loftus last weekend. The Loftus outfit kick off their overseas campaign with an outing against the Blues in Auckland on Saturday. Like their visiti…
- 1 day ago 22 Mar 17, 3:02am -