- Players to watch – Tier Two Nations at the Japan Rugby World Cup
Japan’s leader. Their guts in the pack is led by one man, Leitch. Leitch has spent most of his playing career in Super Rugby at the Chiefs and Sunwolves following a spell at Toshiba Brave Lupus. An ...
- 8 hours ago 24 Aug 19, 12:38pm -
- Hurricanes bring in halfbacks from rival franchises
The 24-year-old left the capital to play for the Sunwolves in the 2019 where he established himself as their first choice halfback. He has also returned to Manawatu to play in the Mitre 10 Cup.
- 1 day ago 23 Aug 19, 7:36pm -
- Blood and sport: The samurai slashing that brought rugby to Japan
Organisers hope hosting this year's competition will accelerate the development of rugby in Japan and Asia more widely, but low attendances for club rugby and the ejection of the Tokyo-based Sunwolves ...
- 1 day ago 23 Aug 19, 3:14pm -
- The World's Best Rugby Team Is Bleeding Top Players … to Japan
That’s why, in addition to current All Blacks stars, Japan is beginning to attract upcoming New Zealand players. Japan’s Sunwolves franchise alone counts 19 New Zealand players among its ranks.
- 1 day ago 23 Aug 19, 10:16am -
- New No. 1 ranking for Wales means little before RWC
Rich Freeman writes about rugby for Kyodo News and can be heard talking about it during Sunwolves’ home games. Utility back Adam Ashley-Cooper is expected to participate in his fourth Rugby World Cup ...
- 2 days ago 23 Aug 19, 3:46am -
- Top League Rugby in Japan
With the Tokyo Sunwolves’ having been axed from the Super Rugby Championship in March 2019, this has led to some concerns that the sport may suffer in the absence of a non-corporate, fan-centric team.
- 2 days ago 22 Aug 19, 6:05pm -
- The samurai slashing that brought rugby to Japan
Organisers hope hosting this year’s competition will accelerate the development of rugby in Japan and Asia more widely, but low attendances for club rugby and the ejection of the Tokyo-based Sunwolves ...
- 4 days ago 20 Aug 19, 10:47pm -
- All Blacks talking points: Rieko Ioane's dumping, NZ's demise, midfield puzzle
The 22-year-old has practically done zilch since turning up for the Blues and scoring four tries against the Sunwolves early in the Super Rugby season. His lack of hunger is a real concern, and isn't ...
- 10 days ago 15 Aug 19, 5:00am -
- Amanaki Mafi to face assault trial after World Cup
The number eight featured for the Sunwolves in the 2019 Super Rugby capaign and played for the national team in the recent Pacific Nations Cup, with the Japan Rugby Football Union stating that they ...
- 10 days ago 14 Aug 19, 11:54pm -
- Japanese rugby star Amanaki Mafi's trial date set in Dunedin
2019 Getty Images TOKYO, JAPAN - MARCH 16: Amanaki Lelei Mafi of Sunwolves reacts after the Super Rugby match between Sunwolves and Reds at Prince Chichibu Memorial Ground on March 16, 2019 in Tokyo, ...
- 11 days ago 14 Aug 19, 1:20am -