- ACT Brumbies plug the gap left by outgoing David Pocock with Will Miller signing
"It's certainly going to be good competition for those back-row positions." Miller has 34 Super Rugby caps to his name across three seasons with the Waratahs and Melbourne Rebels. He has come a long ...
- 6 days ago 19 Aug 19, 3:03am -
- Japan’s Mafi cleared for RWC after assault trial set for 2020
The 29-year-old loose forward was charged with intent to injure following an altercation with former Melbourne Rebels team mate Lopeti Timani in Dunedin in July last year. The incident occurred after ...
- 8 days ago 16 Aug 19, 11:21pm -
- Rob Penney and Damien Hill revealed as the candidates to coach NSW Waratahs in 2020
Kiwi Rob Penney has emerged as the front-runner for the NSW Waratahs head coach job. The Daily Telegraph understands that Penney and former Melbourne Rebels coach Damian Hill are the two remaining ...
- 9 days ago 15 Aug 19, 5:20pm -
- Rob Penney tipped to be new NSW Waratahs Super Rugby coach
The Daily Telegraph in Australia reported that Penney and former Melbourne Rebels coach Damian Hill are the two remaining candidates. If Penney does get the Super Rugby job, he would replace another ...
- 10 days ago 15 Aug 19, 5:00am -
- Japan star Mafi free to play in World Cup with assault trial pushed to January
The 29-year-old, who was among the stars of Eddie Jones’ side as Japan shocked South Africa at the 2015 World Cup and featured in Japan’s Pacific Nations Cup success, is charged with assaulting his ...
- 10 days ago 14 Aug 19, 5:11pm -
- Amanaki Mafi free to play at World Cup after assault trial moved back
Mafi, 29, was charged with intent to injure his former Melbourne Rebels teammate Timani after a Super Rugby game against the Highlanders in Dunedin, New Zealand in July 2018. Reprieve: Lawyers acting ...
- 11 days ago 14 Aug 19, 12:34am -
- Mafi to face court next year, free to play in World Cup
Mafi, 29, was charged with intent to injure his former Melbourne Rebels teammate Timani after a Super Rugby game against the Highlanders in Dunedin, New Zealand in July 2018. He has pleaded not guilty ...
- 11 days ago 13 Aug 19, 11:13pm -
- AFL player in groundbreaking switch to rival footy code
He didn't do enough to earn a Super Rugby contract following a two-week trial with the Melbourne Rebels last December but attracted interest from the coach of NPC domestic champions Auckland.
- 16 days ago 8 Aug 19, 1:32pm -
- Genia, Cooper join player exodus
The news means the storied halves pairing have played their last Super Rugby in Australia after a lengthy highlights reel for the Queensland Reds and Melbourne Rebels. The sheer magnitude of what they ...
- 44 days ago 11 Jul 19, 8:15pm -