- Highlanders star Joe Wheeler and The Block's Courtney MacKay marry in romantic Marlborough ceremony
Courtney MacKay, one half of The Block NZ darlings Emma and Courtney, has married her Super Rugby beau, Highlanders player Joe Wheeler in Marlborough. 26-year-old Courtney and 30-year-old Joe said “I do” in front of family and friends in a romant…
- 3 days ago 21 Nov 17, 3:52pm -
- Rugby: All Blacks face another year from Hell
Making it even harder is that in the final round of Super Rugby matches, seven days before the first test, the Highlanders will play the Hurricanes and the Chiefs take on the Crusaders. New Zealand local derbies are notoriously tough - bruising conte…
- 4 days ago 20 Nov 17, 4:00am -
- All Blacks: Second-tier club player who goes Hunt-ing with 'big dogs'
"Coming into a professional environment with the Highlanders at the start of the year was pretty ... Given where he started this year, Hunt remains on a draft Super Rugby contract - the equivalent of an old wider training group member.
- 6 days ago 18 Nov 17, 11:39am -
- Shields opts for England over All Blacks - report
Shields was set to replace injured Blues flanker Jerome Kaino in the squad but instead New Zealand went for Highlanders back-row Luke Whitelock ... The Telegraph believes Shields, a Super Rugby winner, is wanted by Eddie Jones' England to rival 31-ye…
- 6 days ago 18 Nov 17, 4:26am -
- Wandering tighthead Kalolo Tuiloma finds a new home at the Highlanders
The big tighthead was delighted with the opportunity to join the southern franchise for his first taste of Super Rugby. "It's awesome to be signed by the Highlanders. "I just moved down to Dunedin and am sorting my accommodation, it's exciting."
- 10 days ago 14 Nov 17, 2:46pm -
- New Bath Rugby signing James Wilson has played every position in the backs but can't decided his favourite
“I’m enjoying being part of a great club and being successful.” Wilson has a wealth of experience; having played for the Highlanders and Chiefs in Super Rugby, Bourgoin in France and spent five successful years at Franklin's Gardens. When his .…
- 14 days ago 10 Nov 17, 8:12am -
- Super Rugby player 'poaching': Is it an issue?
This is compared with 26 (68.4 per cent) home players for each of the Blues, Chiefs and Hurricanes, and 15 (39.5 per cent) at the Highlanders. Looking nationally, of the 190 players selected for Super Rugby teams this week, 46 (24.2 per cent) of them…
- 15 days ago 9 Nov 17, 4:00am -
- All Black Ben Smith on his family's rocky year
Heavily pregnant with her second child with All Black vice-captain husband Ben, Katie was attending a friend’s wedding solo in Alexandra while Ben played a warm-up match for his Super Rugby team, the Highlanders, in February this year. Ben had to b…
- 17 days ago 7 Nov 17, 7:18am -
- New Highlanders defence coach Glenn Delaney shakes off criticism after leaving Canterbury
Glenn Delaney has been called numerous things since opting to leave Canterbury for an assistant coaching gig at the Highlanders ... New Zealand Rugby works, we have the Mitre 10 Cup, which is a great competition . . . and then Super Rugby fits ...
- 18 days ago 7 Nov 17, 2:01am -
- New Zealand’s five Super Rugby franchises announce 2018 squads
Other new signings include halfbacks Finlay Christie and Jamie Booth, five-eighths Jackson Garden-Bachop and Ihaia West and former Highlanders loose forward Gareth Evans. There are three other uncapped Super Rugby players in the 38-man squad although…
- 24 days ago 31 Oct 17, 8:42pm -