- Rory Best set for Kingspan send-off as Ulster reveal PRO14 quarter-final fitness hopes
Ulster fans are set to get one final chance to see Rory Best lining out at Kingspan Stadium. The legendary captain will call time on his career after the Rugby World Cup and, when his retirement was ...
- 7 hours ago 22 Apr 19, 5:12am -
- Leinster and Ireland flanker Dan Leavy in good form ahead of operation, says James Ryan
Flanker Leavy, 24, will be out of action for an unspecified time after severely damaging his knee during Leinster’s Heineken Champions Cup quarter-final win over Ulster at the end of March. The ...
- 7 hours ago 22 Apr 19, 5:08am -
- Fardy and Lowe step up to the plate with aplomb
It was Jacob Stockdale’s corner – where the Ulster star jolted the All Blacks yet fumbled in ... The Offload: Billy Vunipola and an ugly week for rugby Back to the drawing board for Munster as final ...
- 8 hours ago 22 Apr 19, 4:55am -
- Edinburgh 7-29 Ulster: Capital side’s play-off hopes dented
Trailing 15-0 at the break last night, Edinburgh finished a distant second to Ulster, eventually losing by a margin of four tries to one. The club’s chances of a place in the Pro14 play-offs, and next ...
- 9 hours ago 22 Apr 19, 3:54am -
- Noel Reid to join Leicester from Leinster
Leinster's next outing is Saturday's trip up to Ulster in the Guinness Pro14, while yesterday they booked a Heineken Champions Cup final spot by beating Toulouse, 30-12.
- 9 hours ago 22 Apr 19, 3:21am -
- Rory Best ‘saddened’ by death of headmaster Simon Harper
Ireland and Ulster rugby captain Rory Best has said he is "incredibly saddened" by the death of the principal of his former school. Mr Best led tributes to Simon Harper, the principal of Portadown ...
- 13 hours ago 21 Apr 19, 10:59pm -
- WORLD OF RUGBY: Jason Leonard will give Lions added bite
The Irish captain and Ulster hooker has been a stalwart of his province for 15 years. These days, rugby is not awash with one-club men who play for so long, but Best is in the same mould as Alun Wyn ...
- 20 hours ago 21 Apr 19, 4:12pm -
- Glasgow go with strongest side for clash with Leinster
Coach Dave Rennie has made just two changes to the team that saw off Ulster last weekend ... rivals Munster did the same for last night’s match against Benetton Rugby. While no one was happy at the ...
- 21 hours ago 21 Apr 19, 3:10pm -
- Leinster clinch Heineken Champions Cup final spot with victory over Toulouse
With three minutes to play, replacement fly-half Ross Byrne – who was the hero in the quarter-final success over Ulster – popped over the final points of the afternoon with a penalty kick in front of ...
- 1 day ago 21 Apr 19, 9:35am -
- Ireland’s Rory Best set to retire
Ireland and Ulster captain Rory Best has announced he will retire from professional rugby after the World Cup in Japan later his year. Best, 36, has been capped 116 times by his country and won the ...
- 1 day ago 21 Apr 19, 3:40am -