- Fekitoa in, Aki and Piutau out for Barbarians squad to face England
Best of luck to the lads playing. Go well boys." The same can be said for Piutau, 26, suffering an Achilles strain in the warm-up for his Ulster side's European Champions Cup win over Ospreys. In better news for the Barbarians however, former All Bla…
- 8 hours ago 23 May 18, 7:34pm -
- Ireland bring full strength rugby squad for three-Test Tour against Wallabies
and lunch @qantaswallabies pic.twitter.com/elg74LJxVE Ireland squad: Backs: Bundee Aki (Connacht), Ross Byrne (Leinster), Joey Carbery (Leinster), Andrew Conway (Munster), John Cooney (Ulster), Keith Earls (Munster), Robbie Henshaw (Leinster), Rob Ke…
- 10 hours ago 23 May 18, 5:23pm -
- No let up as Ireland name strong squad for Australia tour
Another former Leinster player who has thrived elsewhere, Ulster scrumhalf John Cooney, will also get a chance to add to the single cap he won as a replacement against Japan last year. Elsewhere, Leinster flyhalf Ross Byrne earned a first call up aft…
- 12 hours ago 23 May 18, 3:34pm -
- Carbery rejects Ulster move as possible Munster deal looms
Carbery is represented by Esportif’s Ryan Constable, who is also Jackson’s agent, while the same company did the deal for Dan McFarland to become Ulster head coach. However, McFarland is contracted to the Scottish Rugby Union until January so ...
- 13 hours ago 23 May 18, 2:51pm -
- Gordon D’Arcy: Can Irish rugby solve the outhalf conundrum?
with a view to helping Ulster recover from losing Jackson and to ready Ireland come the 2019 World Cup – sending him to Munster means one of the four Irish qualified outhalves becomes collateral damage. Let’s not pretend rugby is not brutal on an…
- 13 hours ago 23 May 18, 2:51pm -
- Wales star Justin Tipuric will fulfil childhood dream with Barbarians at Twickenham
His schedule this season included 15 matches for the Ospreys -- culminating in last Sunday's Champions Cup playoff defeat in Ulster-- six Tests for Wales ... will make a temporary return to international rugby when he lines up for the Barbarians agai…
- 13 hours ago 23 May 18, 2:34pm -
- 'We want him to stay' - Leinster still hoping Carbery remains amidst Munster interest
The IRFU had presented Carbery with an opportunity to join Ulster this summer in order to gain more game time at out-half in the build-up to the 2019 Rugby World Cup, but the 22-year-old expressed a reluctance to move north. However, it now appears t…
- 14 hours ago 23 May 18, 2:02pm -
- Stuart Barnes: Final predictions and O'Gara for England?
Australian rugby is showing signs of waking up ... His team, the Ospreys, failed to make it into the Champions Cup, losing to an average Ulster side in Belfast. As an Osprey coach one has to say his recent CV does not read that well.
- 15 hours ago 23 May 18, 1:08pm -
- RUGBY UNION: Five Ulster players in Ireland squad for tour of Australia
Five Ulster players have been named in the Ireland squad for this summer’s tour to Australia. Rory Best, Rob Herring, Iain Henderson, John Cooney and Jacob Stockdale have all been included in the 32 man squad. The Ireland team will face Australia i…
- 16 hours ago 23 May 18, 11:55am -
- Ulster's John Cooney returns to Ireland squad for Australian Test tour
Ulster Rugby's John Cooney has returned to the Ireland squad after a great club season at Kingspan Stadium. He is part of a squad of 32 players set to travel to Australia in June to take on the Wallabies in a three Test tour which features games in .…
- 17 hours ago 23 May 18, 10:25am -